"When in Rome, do as the Roman's do" ... is probably a phrase most of these travellers haven't heard...!
Sent around from Thomas Cook Holidays - listing some of the complaints during the season.
1. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."
2. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time - this should be banned."
3. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."
4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."
5. A tourist at a top African game lodge over looking a water hole, who spotted a visibly aroused elephant, complained that the sight of this rampant beast ruined his honeymoon by making him feel "inadequate".
6. "The beach was too sandy."
7. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white."
8. "Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women."
9. "We bought 'Ray-Ban' sunglasses for five Euros (£3.50) from a street trader, only to find out they were fake."
10. "No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."
11. "There was no egg slicer in the apartment..."
12. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish..."
13. "The roads were uneven.."
14. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England it only took the Americans three hours to get home."
15. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends' three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller."
16. "The brochure states: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation'. We are all trainee airdressers - will we be OK staying here?"
17. "There were too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners."
18. "We had to queue outside with no air conditioning."
19. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."
20. "I was bitten by a mosquito - no-one said they could bite."
21. "My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."